Follow the journey of a mom in her mid-forties, as she hits the trail to try to get and stay healthy - mentally and physically!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Stopping to Smell the Dandelions


I haven't had much time to blog the past few days. I'm just too busy. I have no idea how those professional blogger moms do it! I am stopping to smell the roses though, or in my case - the dandelions.

After a fabulous long-weekend, I'm enjoying a slow week at the office. I spent most of the weekend outside with the kids, and I've been home early every day this week. I'm loving the extra time outside with the kids. Mother Nature has even cooperated, by holding off on the heavy rain whenever we've had the opportunity to head out. Abby and I have gone for a walk every day, including lots of play time at the park. Big Brother Jonas has been kind of hit or miss when it comes to joining as, as we now have competition from the other kids in the neighbourhood, who are finally playing outside again now that winter has passed.



Here's a little clip from one of our weekend walks. It pretty much sums up all of our walks now that Abby has found her legs. Exploring every little thing that catches her eye, we don't go very fast but we sure have fun!


We've also been doing pretty well when it comes to eating healthy at home and on the trail. We've started BBQing again, and have even found some good spots and made time for a few brew-ups on the trail. I know coffee isn't good for me, but there's something about a fresh cup when I'm in the woods - I don't even mind instant. Just boil up some water on my little camp stove, and voila!




I hit a snag in my healthy eating plan this week though: I forgot my lunch at home and didn't have anything healthy at work yesterday. I'm ashamed to admit that I resorted to McDonald's. So, this morning I did something about it.

One of my secret weapons for eating healthy at the office, or at least trying to, is turning a drawer and shelf in the fridge into my personal pantry. I try to hit the grocery once a week for an office-specific shop. Today's selection includes salad mixes & veggies, cherry tomatoes, onion, apple, yogurt & cottage cheese, pita or wraps, trail mix, OJ, coconut water & juice, water bottle.

Thanks for helping me stay on track!
BPJ



No comments:

Post a Comment